The presence of rodents in your home can be an unpleasant and disturbing experience. From the sound of them scurrying around in walls to the smell and sight of their droppings, it’s not something anyone wants to deal with. Unfortunately, rodent infestations are more common than you might think — especially during colder weather months when they search for shelter from extreme temperatures outside.
Warning Signs That Your Home Has A Rodent Problem!
Knowing how to spot a rodent problem is key to getting rid of them before they become too much of a nuisance. In this post, we’ll give you a complete guide on identifying signs that hint at potential rodent problems so that action can be taken quickly and efficiently!
1. Droppings: Rodent droppings can be the first clear sign that you have a rodent problem. The size of the droppings can vary, depending on the type of rodent in your home; mouse droppings are usually small and dark while rat droppings are larger and lighter in color. Look for these droppings around areas where food is present such as cupboards, countertops, or pantries.
2. Gnaw Marks: Rodents are known to chew through cardboard boxes, wooden surfaces, or even electrical wiring in search of food or shelter. Typical gnaw marks will appear as small incisions at angles throughout materials like wood, plastic, or rubber materials found within your home.
3. Urine & Grease Stains: Rodents are known to leave behind smudges and streaks on walls, floors or ceilings as they move through tight spaces. These markings are usually the result of their urine and grease staining surfaces in your home.
4. Odor: A strong musty odor is another indication that you may have a rodent problem in your home. This smell is caused by the accumulation of sweat, body oils, and urine left behind from a large number of rodents inhabiting one area.
5. Nests & Tracks: Lastly, look for nests made up of materials such as shredded newspaper, fabrics, or packing foam around your home which could indicate an infestation. Additionally, you can track the movements of rodents by following trails of small footprints across surfaces such as countertops or floors.
6. Sounds: In addition to the physical signs of a rodent infestation, you may also hear scratching and squeaking noises coming from within walls or in other enclosed spaces.
By being aware of these tell-tale signs, you can take appropriate action to rid your home of rodents before they become an even bigger problem. If you suspect that you have a rodent infestation in your home, contact a professional pest control expert to inspect and eliminate the issue as quickly as possible.
How Do Professional Pest Control Experts Handle Rodent Removal?
Professional pest control experts use a combination of removal methods that are tailored to your individual situation. These include trapping, glue boards, and rodenticides (chemicals) to safely and efficiently remove rodents from your home. They also provide guidance on how to prevent future infestations by assessing exterior areas such as decks, porches, garages, attics, etc. for potential entry points and taking steps to seal them off.
By working with a professional service, you can rest assured that your problem is being taken care of with the utmost efficiency and safety — allowing you to enjoy peace of mind in knowing that your home is free from any unwelcome visitors!
Take Action Today And Contact Prompt Action Pest Control!
If you suspect that rodents may be present in your home, contact Prompt Action Pest Control today for a complete pest inspection and removal service in Eau Claire, WI. With decades of experience in safely and efficiently eliminating rodent infestations, we guarantee satisfaction with every job! Don’t wait until the problem gets out of hand — get prompt action now before the issue worsens. Contact us today at (877) 563-2035 to learn more about our pest control services and schedule an appointment! We look forward to hearing from you!